Photobucket
As I accomplish each of these Aspirations and Dreams, I will mark them off. In some cases, a link will be included directing you to my primary Blog (Today, Everyday, & Always) for details of the accomplishment and photos.

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Teri Wymore~
Dreaming My Dreams...
Investing in Life!



investing in my... WALK WITH MY LORD
(Many of the Goals in this category can only be measured and recorded by God alone; the One who knows me better than I know myself)
  1. Keeping my Lord #1 (Matthew 6:33) (FOREVER LIFE... IN PROGRESS)

  2. Loving my God with everything that I am (Deuteronomy 6:5; Matthew 22:37; Mark 12:30; Luke 10:27) (FOREVER LIFE...IN PROGRESS)

  3. Loving others as Christ loves them (IN PROGRESS)

  4. Begin writing the book God has laid on my heart to write

  5. Devote consistent, regular AM "quiet time" each day to meet with God in Prayer and in His Word (IN PROGRESS)

  6. Re-read the entire Bible in 2009; AND don't just read it, but also "live it" (IN PROGRESS)

  7. Memorize a new Scripture Verse every week for the entire year- NIV unless otherwise stated. WK1-Romans 10:10; WK2- Romans 15:4 WK3- Mark 11:24; WK4- Mark 11:22-23 WK5- Psalm 9:1 WK6- Psalm 86:11-12 WK7- Psalm 51:10 WK 8: 2Timothy 3:16-17 WK 9: 2 Corinthians 10:5 WK 10: Ephisains 6:10-11 WK 11: Ephisains 6:12 WK 12: Hebrews 12:11 WK 13 Isaiah 55:8 WK 14: Isaiah 43:18 WK 15: Isaiah 43:19 WK 16: 1 Peter 1:14 WK 17: 1 Peter 1:15 WK 18: 1 Peter 1:16 WK 19: Philippians 2:3 WK 20: Philippians 2:4 WK21: Romans 7:15 WK22: Romans 7:18 WK23: Colossians 3:12 WK24: Colossians 3:13 WK25; Colossians 3:14 WK26: Matthew 23:11 (NLT)WK27: Matthew 23:12 (NLT) WK28: Psalm 17:3b WK29: Psalm 141:3 WK30: Proverbs 12:18 WK31: Proverbs 16:18 (Message) WK32: Proverbs 13:10 (Message) WK33: John 10:10 WK34: John 10:11 WK35: Revelation 17:14 WK36: James 1:19 WK37: James 1:20 WK38: James 1:21 WK39: James 1:22 WK40: 2 Corinthians 9:6 WK41: 2 Corinthians 9:7 WK42: WK43: WK44: WK45: WK46: WK47: WK48: WK49: WK50: WK51: WK52:

  8. Share Jesus with a stranger

  9. Develop a prayer ministry on YouTube (as God leads) (ON HOLD for now)

  10. Praise God more often (IN PROGRESS)

  11. Participate in a ladies Bible study (a new Beth Moore study???) Feb/March "ANOINTED, TRANSFORMED, REDEEMED" ... A 7 week Study of King David with Pricsilla Shirer, Beth Moore, and Kay Arthur from the "Deeper Still" Event
    March/April "BEAUTY BY THE BOOK" by Laurie Cole ... a study of the women in Proverbs looking at what true biblical beauty is; what are the do's and don'ts. (I started this study but was unable to finish due to schedule conflicts)

  12. Witness a miracle Jan & Feb (see link)

  13. Be a part of a miracle Sept ...selling our house before it even got listed! Thank You, Jesus!

  14. Dedicate a time for fasting and prayer to intercede for someone in need as the Lord leads Thank You Lord for the privilege of prayer!

  15. Take care of my "temple" (body) through healthier eating (First Place 4 Health program) ...update~ as of June, I continue to struggle. I have a weakness for high calorie sugar foods, processed foods and mindless eating/snacking. UGH! (Sept check in... I still still struggle!) Nov. 2 update~ I've determined I am a "choloholic" and sugar addict. I have gained weight this year, not lost it. Very frustrationg... I need help!

  16. Take care of my "temple" through regular exercise ... as of June, I am not as physically active as I want to be or need to be! My weight (overweight status) is a result of this and unhealthy eating : ( September check in~ have not established discipline for regular exercise. Nov. 2 update~ still not exercising regularly.

  17. Tithe to our church (IN PROGRESS)

  18. Joyfully give as the Lord leads I love to give; it brings me much joy... God has blessed me so I can bless others! ...for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7

  19. Fix the cross tattoo on my right foot

  20. Serve in ministry at our church, Bay Area Fellowship, as the Lord leads "Stuff-it Ministry"; Jane's (ladies ministry)with "Office Darlings"

investing in my... HUSBAND & MARRIAGE

  1. Attend a "Weekend to Remember" Marriage Conference"

  2. Watch "Fireproof" together Feb. 13

  3. Read "The Love Dare" together and complete the 40 day challenge (IN PROGRESS)

  4. Watch the sun set on the beach, just Kirk and I

  5. Surprise Kirk with a special date night planned with him in mind

  6. Participate in a couples Bible study together *Feb.-current, Joined a "Home Team" through our church
    *Feb-May, Kirk and I are doing the "
    Treasure Principle" by Randy Alcorn together.

  7. Personally give Kirk a 60 minute back rub/massage

  8. Write Kirk a love letter expressing my love for him

  9. Cook my hubby his favorite dinner as a surprise

  10. Spend more time in a "daily devotional" (Our Daily Bread) (IN PROGRESS)

  11. Bike ride together

  12. Create a romantic, serene, Master Bedroom for Kirk to enjoy (re-decorate excising)

  13. On our 21st wedding anniversary, give Kirk a handwritten list of 21 reasons I Love Him

  14. Pray together more regularly (IN PROGRESS)

  15. Pick a day and leave "love affirmations" (on sticky notes) ALL OVER for Kirk to find throughout the entire day

  16. Work on "Sunny" (our VW Bug) together

  17. Give a "knock your socks off" romantic kiss to my husband at a spontaneous moment

  18. Encourage and support my husband in his efforts to eat healthy and exercise in 2009

  19. Contribute monetary amount monthly to Family Life (The Solberg Family- Missionaries) Thank you, Lord for "Family Life" and the Solbergs!

  20. Trust God (ONGOING PROCESS)

investing in my... CHILDREN

  1. Update Kelsie's school scrapbook

  2. Update Andrew's school scrapbook

  3. Update Jessie's school scrapbook

  4. Update Joe's school scrapbook

  5. Update Kelsie's Birthday scrapbook

  6. Update Andrew's Birthday scrapbook

  7. Update Jessie's Birthday scrapbook

  8. Update Joe's birthday scrapbook

  9. Lead Jessie's Daisy Girl Scout Group Year group 2008-2009

  10. Take Kelsie to get a manicure and pedicure (a mom and me "girl time") March... HAD A WONDERFUL TIME!

  11. Take Jessie for a surprise mommy and daughter lunch and shopping day

  12. Plan a fun theme birthday party for Joe's fifth birthday

  13. Build a shelf with Andrew for his "Homie" collection

  14. Volunteer at kids' school Girl Scouts Group (Aug 2009 -May 2010)

  15. Teach kids stronger family teamwork and responsibility Feb- end of year- see link (IN PROGRESS)

  16. Plan a slumber party for Jessie and some girlfriends

  17. Take kids camping July

  18. Sing campfire songs and make smores

  19. Make a craft together

  20. Support each child in their specific interests (IN PROGRESS)

investing in my... EXTENDED FAMILY

  1. Call family members on the phone (all who are long distance) more regularly

  2. Send grandparents updated school photos of kids

  3. Collect family members' birthdays and record them on my calendar

  4. Send birthday wishes (cards, emails or phone calls) to family members

  5. Send copies of recent Christmas Photos taken to Kirk's family

  6. Send copies of the photos taken of Adia and send to Pamm

  7. Make "handmade" jacket for niece who is 1 year old Feb (see what I sent)

  8. Finish blanket for mom (Jerielle)

  9. Encourage a family member in need My sister, Traci

  10. Send a spontaneous greeting to a family member who I haven't spoke to in a while

  11. Surprise a family member with an "I care" package

  12. Keep family members in prayer (IN PROGRESS)

  13. Share stories with our kids about their extended family members to increase their love and awareness to keeping in touch with them

  14. Send my Mothers (Lillian and Jerielle) special gifts on Mothers Day ~UGH! I just sent a card, and did a phone call to my mom.

  15. Send my Fathers (Bob and Jerry) special gifts on Fathers Day

  16. Be deliberate about getting to know my sister-in-laws (Kristina & Nicole)

  17. Get to know Robert's girlfriend -Ruth

  18. Be a great "hostess" when we have our family come visit us in TX from the Pacific Northwest this year Mom and Dad visited in April '09 (see this post)
    and My Sister, Traci in April/May

  19. Get to know my niece Alicia (in Eastern WA) through myspace (IN PROGRESS)

  20. Help my in-laws get "high-speed internet" so I can share family pictures and updates easier (they are currently on "dial-up" and have a very weak connection to receive photos)

investing in my... FRIENDS

  1. Encourage a friend in need

  2. Surprise a friend with a magazine subscription I love giving "Today's Christian WOMAN" to sista gal-friends as a surprise. A great magazine!!!

  3. Send Birthday wishes to my friends through out the year

  4. Take a friend to lunch multiple times : )

  5. Donate my time and talents to help a friend ~May/June... My new friend, Jeannie! I'm helping her through verbal direction and encouragement to refinish her old steamer trunk she inherited from her father in law. As she is doing her project in her garage, I am doing my own project as well!... my 6th refinished trunk I've done.

  6. Befriend a new person from my kids' school Many new friends!

  7. Make a new friend from my church Feb-March ... THANK YOU GOD! for Kathy, Sonia, and Veronica whom I met through Bible Study.

  8. Call a friend I've lost touch with over the years

  9. Send an encouraging card to a friend as the Lord leads

  10. Organize a coffee social in my home for ladies in my neighborhood to meet each other

  11. Send a surprise "I care" package to a long distance friend

  12. Bake something to give to a neighbor friend

  13. Start a "friendship bread" to pass on to 4 friends

  14. Pray FOR my friends as the Lord leads (Always IN PROCESS)

  15. Pray WITH a friend who needs specific prayer

  16. Re-connect with past friends from high school & military stations (facebook and myspace)

  17. Go on a fun outing with a friend

  18. Inspire a friend

  19. Help a friend in need Donna

  20. Organize a Christmas Cookie exchange for my neighbors to develop stronger friendships


investing in... COMPLETE STRANGERS

  1. Support Compassion International (sponsoring a child) Alice in Ghana

  2. Smile and say "hi" to a grumpy looking person to hopefully brighten their day

  3. Help an elderly person in a public setting (ie: grocery store, shopping mall, etc.)

  4. Spark a conversation of encouragement with someone in a grocery checkout line

  5. Give to our local food bank

  6. Donate to our local Goodwill when ever the opportunity presents itself Several times through the year

  7. Compliment a grocery clerk or fast food employee on doing a great job

  8. Pick up litter when on a walk (investing in everyone & the planet) (as much as I can... I look for opportunities especially in parking lots)

  9. Double tip a waiter/waitress when given exceptional service April 6... My family and I (all 6 of us) went to Texas Roadhouse and had the best customer service in a long time!!! Our waiter loved his job, but more, he cared about meeting our service needs above all else. His urgency was above and beyond excellent and the restaurant was real busy! Kirk left a $10. tip on the Visa, while I left an additional $20 bill with a handwritten note thanking him (our waiter) saying how we appreciate such "excellent & exceptional service".

  10. Give up a good parking spot to a person who needs it more

  11. Give to Angel Tree

  12. Volunteer at a local mission

  13. Donate $$ to buy livestock for those in need through World Vision

  14. Donate Christmas gifts to a child/children in Corpus Christi less fortunate

  15. Support non-profit Christian organizations as the Lord leads
  16. Jan /Christian Radio 91.9 (answered a need from a blog friend)
    Feb. /
    KBNJ.org Spring Sharathon & Sept. / Fall Sharathon

  17. Be deliberate about showing God's love and peace in public spark conversation, show compassion, listen, be understanding... James 1:19 (all in Process)

  18. Remember my "paper carrier"; tip them each quarter I pay my paper bill

  19. Demonstrate a RANDOM ACT of KINDNESS towards someone I LOVE random acts of kindness!!! Phil 2:4

  20. Send a letter of "praise & commendation" to the management & upper-management of a person who gave excellent customer service above and beyond the call of duty

  21. Be "salt and light" where ever I go (Matthew 5:13-16) (IN PROGRESS)

investing in... PASSIONS & INTERESTS

  1. Apply for the "adventure of a lifetime"... to play SURVIVOR Jan. 10 (signed, sealed, & delivered!) I did my part, now if it's God's will, He'll do His. Also again ~ April 6 (signed, sealed and delivered / 9th attempt over the past 8 years!) My time is coming, I can feel it!

  2. Update Christmas Family Album

  3. Start and maintain a "video blog" section of Today, Everyday, and Always (weekly and/or monthly entries) Music Monday!

  4. Complete a quilt square on my "Inspirations" project

  5. Design and make a handmade card and send to someone special

  6. Make some "chenille bedspread jackets" (IN PROGRESS)

  7. Make a quilt inspired by one made by my Grandma Eccles/Ziegler

  8. Create a fun video depicting "my typical day"

  9. Design and create a fun pair of Converse to add to my collection

  10. Get a new piercing

  11. Learn to weld

  12. Learn to tile and grout (for bathroom projects)

  13. Chunky Chop my hair (a shorter style) May : ) My hair was getting pretty long and with the summer heat hitting this month, I did my "Chunky Chop"! I cut about 5" off by grabbing "chunks" of hair and "chopping". Within 30 minutes I had a new hair-do... I think I should have been a Hair Stylist... it turned out o.k.!

  14. Clean and organize the Garage May

  15. Get my yearly physical, cholestreol screening, and mammagram (didn't do in 2008) Happy Birthday to me... September

  16. Refinish dining table and dining chairs

  17. Organize Photo albums on MySpace to reflect my life ~ past and present

  18. Refurbish antique trunk (big one in the garage)

  19. Get a full body massage

  20. Make myself some really cool and comfy pajama pants

investing in my... HOME (interior improvements)

  1. Fix Jessie and Joe's bedroom bench seat area

  2. Put window treatments in Jessie and Joe's room

  3. Put window treatments in dining room

  4. Design and create Master Bedroom (MBR) headboard

  5. Make a new MBR duvet cover

  6. Make dust ruffle for MBR bed

  7. Make MBR Pillows for bed

  8. Re-do window area of MBR Bathroom

  9. Re-cover ripped up wing-back chair

  10. Re-cover upstairs sofa

  11. Redecorate upstairs loft area

  12. Organize upstairs computer area

  13. Paint area under kitchen bar

  14. De-clutter Andrew's room Feb.

  15. De-clutter Jessie and Joe's room Feb.

  16. De-clutter Kelsie's room

  17. Update Master Bathroom light fixtures

  18. Update Master Bathroom Sink and counter tops

  19. Update Master Bathroom cabinets

  20. Caulk all areas in house that need re-caulking

investing in my... YARD (& exterior improvements)

  1. Give all our iron patio furnature a fresh coat of paint Feb & March (did over several weekends)

  2. Fix border around peach tree in back yard May... but Peach tree is dead : ( bummer!

  3. Mulch around peach tree in back yard NA, since Peach tree is dead!

  4. Refinish kids' playset Feb

  5. Create an interesting concrete floor surface on back porch

  6. Repaint front door RED April... Looks Great!

  7. Decorate back porch into an "outdoor room"

  8. Learn to make "faux rocks"

  9. Create a backyard waterfall with faux rocks

  10. Prune shrubs and trees Jan/Feb

  11. Fertilize shrubs, trees, and flowers Feb

  12. Plant a new tree in the yard May... an Esparanza (trained as a tree)

  13. Plant a new tropical flower April ~Painted Lady Hibiscus... Looks Awesome.

  14. Fix the front yard drainage area with concrete bags

  15. Put an "address sign" on large boulder in front yard Feb

  16. Put a landscape light on "address sign" for people to see in the dark

  17. Put landscape "up lights" on front yard palm trees

  18. Fix mail box (add "outgoing mail" arm to box)

  19. Paint back door

  20. Plant colorful flowers in all my planter containers Feb

No comments:

Photobucket